Ulrike von Luxburg
|Mail Address:|| University of Hamburg
Department of Computer Science / ML
|Phone:||+49 40 42883-2409|
|Fax:||+49 40 42883-2385|
I am a professor for computer science, with research focus in machine learning and computational statistics.
Field of research. Theory of machine learning algorithms, in particular the statistical analysis of algorithms on random graphs and statistics of complex networks. For a short description see here.
Awards. My research won a number of awards.
We are urgently looking for a ``Studentische Hilfskraft'' to improve the moodle platform for peer grading. 10-15 hours per week, for half a year, as soon as possible. See here for details.Things I do:
- Workshop on learning theory at DALI, April 2015
- Spring school ``Structural Inference in Statistics''. It takes place in march 2015 on the German island Sylt, the main speakers are Sasha Rakhlin, Judith Rousseau, and Martin Wainwright. Application deadline is Nov 30, 2015, child care can be provided free of charge.
- I am action editor of JMLR and was associate editor at Statistics and Computing
- I am board member of the International Machine Learning Society
- Research Unit "Structural Inference in Statistics: Adaptation and Efficiency" (2012-2015, German Research Foundation DFG)
- I was Program Chair of COLT 2011 (together with Sham Kakade)
- From 2008 to 2013 I was a member of Die Junge Akademie (German Young Academy), the young scientist's branch of the German National Academy of Sciences.
- I organized several workshops and summer schools in the past.
Consultation hour / Sprechstunde I don't have a fixed time. Please send me an email in which you explain why you want to talk to me, then we can make an appointment. Please do not just drop in my office unless it is really urgent.
If you want to apply in our group (intern / Phd student / postdoc) please check out our application guidelines.