Ulrike von Luxburg
|Mail Address:|| University of Hamburg
Department of Computer Science / ML
|Phone:||+49 40 42883-2409|
|Fax:||+49 40 42883-2385|
I am professor for computer science, with research focus in machine learning and computational statistics.
Field of research. My field of research is the theory of machine learning algorithms, in particular the statistical analysis of algorithms on random graphs. For a short description see here.
Awards. My research won a number of awards :-)Stuff I do / did:
- I am very proud to be one of the editors of a calendar called "Calender of ambivalence" (it is in german language, the german title is "Kalender der Ambivalenzen"). For each week of 2014, it presents a scientific question and explains why the answer to this question can't simply be "yes" or "no". Link to come soon ...
- I am action editor of JMLR and was associate editor at Statistics and Computing
- I was Program Chair of COLT 2011 (together with Sham Kakade)
- I am board member of the International Machine Learning Society
- I am a member of the Junge Akademie (Young Academy). From 2012-2013, I am member of its executive committee as well.
- I organized a many workshops in the past.
- GraphDemo software
- Heisenberg Professorship (2012-2017, German Research Foundation DFG)
- Research Unit "Structural Inference in Statistics: Adaptation and Efficiency" (2012-2015, German Research Foundation DFG)