Ulrike von Luxburg
|Mail Address:|| University of Hamburg
Department of Computer Science / ML
|Phone:||+49 40 42883-2409|
|Fax:||+49 40 42883-2385|
I am a professor for computer science, with research focus in machine learning and computational statistics.
NEWS: This spring I am attending the Semester Program on Network Science and Graph Algorithms at Brown University.
Field of research. Theory of machine learning algorithms, in particular the statistical analysis of algorithms on random graphs and statistics of complex networks. For a short description see here.
Awards. My research won a number of awards.Things I do:
- I am action editor of JMLR and was associate editor at Statistics and Computing
- I am board member of the International Machine Learning Society
- I was Program Chair of COLT 2011 (together with Sham Kakade)
- From 2008 to 2013 I was a member of the
Academy), the young scientist's branch of the German National
Academy of Sciences.
My latest project in this context is the Calendar of Ambivalence (In german: "Kalender der Ambivalenzen").
- I organized several workshops and summer schools in the past.
If you want to apply in our group (intern / Phd student, postdoc) please check out our application guidelines.
- Heisenberg Professorship (2012-2017, German Research Foundation DFG)
- Research Unit "Structural Inference in Statistics: Adaptation and Efficiency" (2012-2015, German Research Foundation DFG)