Petri Nets Standard Latest News
This page contains a chronologically ordered list of news related with the
Petri Nets standardisation task.
- Dec 13
- Combined WD circulation, CD Registration and FCD ballot, WD15909
- Software Engineering - High Level Petri Net. The ballot closes
April 13, 2003.
- Dec 11
- The project FCD 15909 is reactivated as new approved NP.
- Jun 26
- New ballot document: New Proposal
for a Standard on Petri Net Techniques. Ballot closes Sep
26, 2002. This document also contains additional information on
the status and plans of the PN standard.
- Feb 3
- WG Meeting Minutes of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 WG19 Meeting, Orlando, USA, December 14-15, 2000.
- Oct 13
- Jonathan Billington's slides from the talk Update on the
Status of ISO/IEC 15909 and International Standardardization
Processes from the meeting on XML/SGML based Interchange Formats for Petri Nets
at Petri Nets 2000 are now available online.
- Jul 13
- A new mailing list has been created (The Petri Net Interchange Format Mailing List)
with the purpose of discussing the standardisation of an
interchange format for Petri nets.
- Jun 27
- Meeting on
XML/SGML based Interchange Formats for Petri Nets at the
Petri Nets 2000 Conference. Position papers and other material
- June 9
- Revised Disposition of comments to take into account the
agreements made at the Curitiba meeting.
- May 27-31
- SC7/WG11 meeting, Curitiba, Brazil. Draft Summary and
Disposition of Comments document KMJ-013R3 created 27 May.
- May 25
- Second draft disposition of Comments circulated to WG11 members.
- May 10
- Response from DIN, indicating that the new proposal was
acceptable, so long as there was some mention of markings
being defined as ground terms rather than concrete values.
- April 25
- Editor response to DIN comment of 18 November 1998,
suggesting that annotation of arcs with terms (rather than
BTERMs or further extensions) was sufficient, as all the
necessary terms could be built from a usual signature. This
had not been recognised prior to DIN's input.
- December 13
- Revised draft subdivision of project 7.19.3 to include
but never submitted to ISO/IEC.
- 126.96.36.199 Basic Definitions
- 188.8.131.52 Transfer Format and Basic Syntax
- 184.108.40.206 Extensions
- November 18
- Major response from DIN to draft disposition. Major points are:
Plus many other comments.
- Need for a more syntactic definition that allows schemas
- Technical comment regarding the need for more flexibility in arc inscriptions
- November 3
- Draft Disposition of Comments circulated to all National
Body PN representatives and WG11 members for comment. The
editing meeting was left open till the Curitiba meeting in
- October 29
- The FCD is passed by all countries that voted, except for
Germany. See SC7N2003 Letter Ballot Summary (17 approved (4
with comments), 1 disapproved (with 44 comments) , and 3
abstained (without comment). A total of 84 comments were
received. This means that the draft progresses to Final
Draft International Standard with only one further ballot
to go - requiring only a Yes/No vote (no comments).
- Jul 17
- The standard for High-level Petri nets, ISO/IEC 15909, has now been
circulated for a 4 month ballot as a Final Committee Draft, due 21
October 1998. See also Jonathan Billington's posting.
- Feb 5
- Additional comments to Ballot Summary by Bernd Baumgarten.
- Feb 4
- Ballot Summary for High-level Petri net Standard. See the
by Jonathan Billington.
- Nov 11
- Show how your favourite net system maps onto the standard. For more
information, see the
by Dan Simpson.
- Oct 14
- Billington posted a message on the PetriNets e-mail list explaining
the current progress.
- Oct 5
- Committee draft document version 3.4 of the Petri Nets standard was
- Sep 4
- Committee draft document version 3.0 of the Petri Nets standard was
- May 22
- Working draft document version 2.5 of the Petri Nets standard was
- February 18
- Working draft document version 2.1 of the Petri Nets standard was
- January 17
- It was announced that project 7.19.3 Petri nets will continue thanks
to support from the Petri Nets community. For more information
see JB's posting
on the PetriNets e-mail list. More information available from
- January 8
- Jonathan Billington has made available an extract of a document
(ISO/IEC JTC1 N 4474 of 13 December 1996), which lists the resolutions
of the Paris Meeting, that was considering cancellation of a large
number of projects including 7.19.3 (Petri nets).
- November 29
- Release of the document "Australian Response to JTC1 N4302 Proposed
Cancellation of Project 7.19.3 Petri nets".
- November 22
- Project 7.19.3 (Petri Nets) is in danger of being cancelled. See
posting on the PetriNets e-mail list.
- October 18
- Draft document version 1.1 of the Petri Nets standard was released.
- The Petri Nets project was announced at the Petri Nets conference,
- Result of ballot was published: Petri Nets project approved.
The Petri Nets standardisation task began.
- August 14
- It was proposed to subdivide project 7.19 (Diagrams for Software
Engineering) to make the project "Project 7.19.xx Petri Net Standard".
The maintainers of this page